It’s that season again – the sky is blue, the grass is green, the birds are singing, and you’re cleaning! After all your elbow grease and hard work, you’ll be glad your home is refreshed and rejuvenated. Yet, you may actually be doing the opposite of spring “cleaning” if you’re filling your home with toxic chemicals. Why not try green cleaning products this year?
Top Products Recommended To Clean Green:
- Cleaner 1: Clean your home with Lemon Verbena or Basil scented all-purpose cleaners.
- Cleaner 2: Need to wash the floor? Try the citrus and coconut surfactants of this brand instead.
- Cleaner 3: For dishes (and hands too, for that matter), Method is a top-rated brand.
- Cleaner 4: This green laundry detergent and fabric softener is a popular choice.
More Reasons To Clean Green…
- Did you know… there are 17,000 petrochemicals in our cleaning products, but only 30 percent have been tested for exposure to human health and the environment?
- The average home contains 10 gallons of harmful chemicals.
- Antimicrobials contain 275 active ingredients that are classified as pesticides.
You can also clean green with everyday household items. Use baking powder to scrub the difficult stains out of pots and pans or countertops! A little vinegar dissolved in hot water will always do the trick too. Hose windows and mirrors down with vinegar and hot water and wipe away streaks with newspaper. For a better scent, add a spritz of lemon juice. Visit GreenLivingIdeas.com for a ton of natural cleaner recipes.
To Your Health!