The weather is cooling down here in the northeast and you know what that means, right?! Time to start thinking about some warming, stick-to-your-ribs type of meals! I recently went to a local farmers market to check out the seasonal veggies…I am so looking forward to some yummy fall meals! I picked up some gorgeous squashes and fresh herbs to experiment with on Saturday. Here is a simple side dish to accent any meal:
- 1 large Kabocha squash, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small - medium Acorn squash, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small - medium Delicato squash, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5-8 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (leave whole)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Place all peeled squash in a large bowl.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil, chopped sage, rosemary sprig and sea salt.
- Mix well and place on a large cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on oven temps.
- Squash is cooked when tender and slightly golden. Enjoy!
I have spent most of the summer living off of whole food smoothies for my breakfast meal, but I see now that it is starting to really cool down, that is not going to work for much longer! I am working on another recipe for a breakfast squash pudding! Stay tuned!
To Your Health!