Everyone in my family, to some degree, follows the Paleo style way of eating. It is often challenging keeping healthy protein sources available when needed in a pinch! Some of the proteins I strive to have on hand are a good quality tuna for a quick tuna salad (or if really rushed, just eat it out of the ole can), wild canned salmon, hard boiled eggs to eat as is or for a quick egg salad, left over turkey or grassfed beef burgers, grilled chicken cutlets, etc. I also love these pacs, as they truly fill me to my next meal and they are quite delicious! Click here and here for my favorite tuna products. Below is a quick and easy tuna salad. Enjoy!
- 2 cans quality tuna
- 2-3 tbs favorite mayo or homemade mayo
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 hard boiled egg, (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Drain tuna and place in a large bowl. Break up tuna with hands. (I prefer this over the food processor...I like the texture better but feel free to do what works for you)
- Add in chopped celery, onions, hard boiled egg (if using) and preferred spices.
- Add mayo and mix well.
- Taste and adjust mayo/seasonings.
- Looking for a wild salmon salad? Click here
Paid Endorsement Disclosure: Please assume that I am an affiliate/compensated for any of the providers of goods and services that are mentioned/hyperlinked on A Passion For Healthy Living. I may be compensated when you purchase a product after clicking on a link for the website. This compensation helps to support my blogging activities and to continue to bring you valuable information on the topic of healthy living. The products/services mentioned are products that I either use myself or I feel are a quality product. Thank you.