I love, love, love making all kinds of salads with different themes! This mixed berry salad is delightful! Since I avoid eating non-organic strawberries (see “dirty dozen” list), I was so excited to finally find some fresh organic berries that looked delicious enough to eat! To learn more about the dirty dozen and clean fifteen fruits and veggies list, click here. When making a salad there are so many options and pretty much anything goes! What are your favorite salad ingredients?
- 4-6 cups mixed greens (here I used a combination of red leaf lettuce and romaine)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Top with your favorite olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sea salt and black pepper to tasted. Enjoy!
- Note: I use all different types of infused olive oils and balsamics. Their wonderful flavors keeps the salad experience interesting :-D.