Prunes have a reputation for being one of the foods that we choose more of when we are in our “golden years” but that’s okay by me 😀 . Give me the complex texture of this fruit any day of the week! The health benefits of prunes will make you think twice about adding this natural sweet to your life.
Did You Know…
Just ¼ cup of prunes contains:
- 32.3% of your daily Vitamin K
- 12.3% of your daily Fiber
- 9% of your daily Potassium
One prune contains about 20 calories, so you don’t even have to feel bad about snacking on these!
- Prunes are good for bone health. Studies suggest that eating 10 prunes per day (along with 500 mg of Calcium and Vitamin D supplement) may help strengthen bones, while preventing fractures and osteoporosis.
- Prunes are #1 in antioxidant power and may also help to slow the aging process. Antioxidants can help neutralize free radicals associated with eye disorders, cancers, heart disease, and other health problems.
- Prunes help with regularity. Everyone knows that the high fiber content in prunes work wonder for constipation! Parents use prune juice to keep their little babies’ eliminating regularly and naturally, without the use of medicine. And Good News — the same soluble fibers that help the body rid itself from waste also helps the body rid itself of harmful cholesterol.
How To Enjoy Prunes…
- Prune & Olive Chicken
- Trail Mix With Prunes
- Beef Brisket With Merlot & Prunes
- Chocolate Prune Truffles
- Gluten-Free Plum Crumble
- Pork Tenderloin With Balsamic Plum Reduction