There is nothing like waking up and tossing some fresh, delicious produce into a high speed blender for a jam-packed nutritious breakfast. A high speed blender helps to break down the fibers in the fruits and veggies to create a smooth and creamy shake. This smoothie is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and electrolytes. It is a great way to start the day energized! I like my smoothies well chilled so I store the oranges, carrots and coconut water in the refrigerator so my ingredients are all ready for blending. 😀
- 2 large carrots, cut into circles, peeled and chilled
- 3-4 small to medium navel oranges, peeled and chilled
- 12 oz. coconut water, chilled
- ½ - 1 inch or so grated fresh ginger
- 6-8 coconut water ice cubes
- 1 tbs raw honey (optional) (I did not add honey, it was sweet enough without for me)
- Blend until smooth and creamy in your high speed blender. I used my Optimum 9200A (2nd Gen) Vortex Blender. I blended smoothie on Fast for about a minute or two.
- Though there are no bits in this smoothie it is on the thicker side. If you prefer it to be thinner feel free to strain and then drink.